Friday, July 24, 2009

Awesomeness that is Dessert!

During this entire wedding planning process, I've been battling between getting a traditional wedding cake and a dessert bar. It seems like a waste of money to get both; not to mention a waste of food.

I've always wanted a cake, despite not being a big cake eater. In fact, I don't even think I'm that fond of cake. But yet, the tradition of having a wedding cake really appealed to me. But as the planning process started, I saw more and more dessert buffets. And today, thanks to Sweet & Saucy Shop's post on weddingbeepro.com, well, today I think I fell in love with the ultimate dessert bar... so much so that I think I might just forgo my desire for a wedding cake.

Feast your eyes on these babies:









(source for all photos above)

Are those not totally awesome and delicious looking, or what??

But then...I stumble across this picture on their blog of this gorgeous wedding cake:

source
It's so simple, clean, classic, and pretty. *sigh*

I'm torturing myself. Now, I'm back to where I was: cake or dessert buffet?
Well, at least I got one thing going for me- Sweet & Saucy Shop is in Long Beach, CA, which isn't too far from me. *score!*

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your sweet words! So glad you like our desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're welcome. I give credit where credit is (definitely) due! :)

    ReplyDelete