Sunday, January 18, 2009

digi poloaroid = poladroid!


I really want photo booth at my wedding, but with the unknown budget FI and I have, we decided we would opt for the polaroid, as it's much cheaper than the actual booth.  Well, polaroid decided to discontinue their cameras! Didn't someone tell them that I NEEDED THEM!  apparently not.   And that's exactly why i bought 2 polaroid cameras a few months ago...so that I can use them in our wedding...in 2010...makes sense right? yea. right. well, it totally sucks that the film expires in 2009! this year. great. I can always use the film to take polaroids of my shoes, right? :)

So, with all that rambling said, I discovered the new, "digital" polaroid, courtesy of weddingbee.com-- it's *drum roll*.... Poladroid!

You download a program onto you computer. Once it's up and running, you simply drag and drop a picture into the program, which, btw, looks like a polaroid camera on your desktop (see photo below), and it "develops" as if it's an actual polaroid picture! you can save it before it fully develops, if you like the old-er vintagey look, or you can wait for it to finish.  Shaking it also speeds it up. Pretty nifty if i do say so myself!

here's the program open on desktop (please ignore the black spots- just blocking out some programs and files that you don't need to see) :)



drag and drop a photo into the picture and spits out your polaroid to develop...




and...PRESTO! you've got your very own digital polaroid! 

unfortunately (not for me!) the program self-crops the picture...so, as you can see, my cousin on the right got x'd out of the picture. Sorry! :)

What do you plan on doing with this program?


No comments:

Post a Comment